final few months fatigue

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

clairemichelle

Post by clairemichelle » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:09 pm
The last couple of months have dragged..is this what everyone goes through?
I feel as though im wishing my life away and havent been able to focus properly for months. .well most of this year. My final payment is due 6th sept. I have always set this a few days after ive been paid to make sure my wages go in..im thinking of moving it forward to either monday 2 nd or tuesday 3rd just so its gone Then mmakeit to end sept so I can replace my hairdryer and buy some of essentials I need.
Sorry for having a bit of a moan. Havent really got anywhere else I can go.
Years 1 to 4 were quite painfree. Year 5...torture...more with anticipation and dread that something will go wrong now the dreaded ppi seems to be moving forward. (thanks judith)
Cm
Iva payments complete 5sept13. Cc dated 15oct13

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:13 pm
Congratulations !! You have done so well and come so far !! The time will fly past and you will be debt free .......enjoy buying yourself a new hairdryer and focus on plans post IVA ...it might help !

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:29 pm
Not long, Claire ... NOT LONG :-) x
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

clairemichelle

Post by clairemichelle » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:40 pm
Thanks both.
Need a kick up the a## really.
Eat sleep and drink iva at minute.... on the plus point am quite comical using a borrowed hairdryer trying to attach my diffuser to it That doesnt fit...if i get through without getting third degree burns I will be amazed. :-))

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:40 pm
Hi, Claire. I felt exactly the same. I made my final payment on 1 June and the last few months felt like they would never pass. Of course, they do and you'll know that what you've achieved you can be proud of.

clairemichelle

Post by clairemichelle » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:19 pm
Thanks sensible77...
Never bothered me until the end was in sight..strange really. Inow im wishing id done it sooner and would be over. I suppose ive been quite lucky with how things have gone for me with the iva. Ive paid that at the beginning of the month and then managed to get to the end of the month on my allowances being creative and bargain hunting for food and offers. If its not on offer I dont have it.
I will keep looking for your posts seeing as your that little bit ahead of me x

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:21 pm
Congratulations on nearly completing your IVA CM :-)

It wont be long now and you can look forward to a debt free future xx
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:06 pm
The best thing that happens IMO is when you've made your final payment is the next time you get paid and there’s no IVA payment going out. That’s when you really realise you've made it. The funny thing is, is that we were going to do this, that and the other but we’ve actually done very little as we want to build up a safety net of money. Something we never did in the past. I’m saying we as the IVA was in my name only but my wife was just as affected. I’m looking forward to receiving my completion certificate which should be in the next month as PayPlan said that it will take up to 3 months. The anniversary of the IVA was 13 June so if I’ve not received it by 13 September I’ll be on to them!

brokebryn

Post by brokebryn » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:02 pm
Clairemichelle - yes, my experience was the same, it did drag, but you are now less than three weeks away from that final date, and then it's all over. Think positively, especially about yourself, for managing to stick it out and come this far. It's a tough road, for sure, but it's well worth it and one of the most valuable learning curves you can experience.

Sensible 77 - we are pretty much in the same boat here. I made my final regular payment to Payplan on 3 June and then an uplift payment based on my last 12 months salary increase a couple of weeks later. In previous correspondence with Payplan I was given to understand that the CC would be issued within three months of the final payment date - not the anniversary of the IVA. So I was hoping to get it before 3 September - they quoted that date to me in their correspondence on the matter. But it now looks as though the wait will go on if the CC is actually supposed to be issued within 3 months of the anniversary of the IVA being accepted - that will take me to late September, groan.... I really hope it doesn't drag out like has occurred with some of the other big companies. 72 months is a long time....But, as you say, at least there is the fact that the sometimes crippling monthly payments have now ceased.
Last edited by brokebryn on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last monthly payment made 3 June 2013 after 6 long years. CC issued 21 August 2013, but, er, lost in the post. Finally got it 17 September.

joanna144

Post by joanna144 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:33 pm
We share the final payment date.My last payment will be 6th September. I filled in my I & E in July and GT replied that all is ok and final payment is 6th September. Like you I am wishing time away. But am looking forward to being able to say I don't owe anyone anything. I have one thing planned which because I am with GT I will have time to save up for, it is a party to say thank you to all those people in the last 4 years who have helped me. During the previous 6 years I have been made homeless with 4 hours notice , been told my job was redudant, have obtained a divorce from my husband of 25 years and lost my sense of humour, but have found who my true friends are. Found new values to life and now know that I have two of the best children anybody could have my debt free future is dedicated to them. Oh yes my sense of humour and a love of life is returning too.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:45 pm
Joanna, that crucial date is just around the corner -- well done on getting this far :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

back on track

Post by back on track » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:50 pm
stop moaning anybody would think you didn't like your personel iva.[:D]
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

clairemichelle

Post by clairemichelle » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:43 pm
Thanks brokebryn lovely words. It does feel strange coming to the end of my "payments" and yes a road with many lessons.
Joanna144 i will look forward to us both raising glass to the future on the evening of 6th sept. My road has come nowhere near yours but I too have realised who my friends are over the last few years. Even though these people know nothing of my iva but ive not been in a position to allow myself to be taken advantage of. The people in my life love me for me and I value everyone of them.
Good luck for a fantastic end to 2013 xxx
Back on track....ermmmm let me think about that one ;-)
Cm

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:52 pm
Congratulations clairemichelle and joanna144 you've both done so well. Hang on in there the next few weeks will pass. Happy hairdryer hunting!
Life after IVA is wonderful.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”