ebay and iva 's

8 posts Page 1 of 1

depressed

Post by depressed » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:08 pm
hello ,i'm only in the early process of my iva ,sorting out paperwork etc ,i have a few items of my daughters which no longer fit her ,is it okay to sell them on ebay and spend the money to buy her other things she needs instead ? theres around 30 items to list ,i used to sell on ebay quite a lot before i applied for the iva and buy other things in place of the items i sold ,i never bought anything to sell but sold old items that we no longer had use for. thankyou for any advise kind regards .

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Hi there

It is fine to sell a few unwanted items on e-bay, so long as the amounts are modest and are genuinely being used to buy replacement clothing. Seems like a very good idea to me!

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

hara

Post by hara » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:52 pm
Dear all,

I sell some of the used things on ebay for my wife and children and the money is given to them I hope this is ok,as my wife is not in IVA and the things were baught with house keeping money.

Any such proceedings is given to them.

Thanks.

Hara.

Martin2011

Post by Martin2011 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:00 pm
Don't think there's any problem trading on ebay.... good way to make a few extra pounds and paypal is as good a place to hold a few pounds for transfer on a rainy day as any where else.... if you can get it up to £50 it's free to transfer to your bank account, although it can take 7 days to get there.

Martin

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:16 am
This is absolutely fine and you are free to sell any of your unwanted items on ebay. However, if you begin to buy items with the intention of then selling them you will be considered a trader and therefore have to pay tax on the proceeds of this and declare it as an income to your IP.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

northumbrian69

Post by northumbrian69 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:56 pm
I buy and sell on e'bay quite a lot, I only use 'Paypal' and I never draw the money out, I sell until I have a decent 'Paypal' balance, then I buy something I really need, it was a great way to buy Xmas presents.
It's far less stressful than buying on credit cards.
IVA COMPLETED ON THE 17th MARCH, FINAL I&E COMPLETED 26th APRIL, COMPLETION CERTIFICATE ARRIVED 2nd AUGUST

depressed

Post by depressed » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:00 pm
THANKS VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE KIND ADVICE ,I KNOW ITS NOT REALLY CLASSED AS AN INCOME AS SUCH BUT I TEND TO HAVE A LOT OF THE GIRLS THINGS THAT I COULD SELL AND BUY OTHER THINGS THAT WE NEED ,FOR EXAMPLE WE ARE SOON TO BE MOVING AND WE HAVE NOTHING IN THE WAY OF CURTAINS ETC ,THE GIRLS DESPERATELY NEED BEDS AND BABIES DUE SOON SO I NEED COTS ETC ,SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS ,IN A RUSH ,MANY THANKS AGAIN :)

cr15py

Post by cr15py » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
I use e-bay quite a bit, selling bits I don't need anymore, and buying things in their place. I agree with the posters above, so long it is modest and there is no motive to make a profit, then I can't see a problem.

Obviously, if you were to sell something substantial (i.e. a collection of rare magazines, raising £1,000) then I would imagine that would be a windfall.
Chris
Visit my blog at http://cr15py.blogs.iva.co.uk
16 down, 44 to go!!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for january”