draft proposal in the post to me!

4 posts Page 1 of 1

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:01 pm
Hi All

Well had a message from dfd today, draft proposal is in the post to me which have informed me must send back asap.

Any tips for checking this etc before sending it back?

All being well I calculate that once they receive this signed back from me they send on to all creditors and then receive a date for creditors meeting, approx 3/52?

Am keen to get this sorted asap but still very anxious time.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:08 pm
Just make sure that it is factually accurate, and in particular that the income and expenditure is correct and affordable. IPs usually give 21 days notice of creditors meetings.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:32 pm
Thank you Melanie

I have started to go through and need to call to confirm/query a few things but a lot of the legal wording I do not fully understand so have made notes to make sure I completely understand all I am signing.

Sounds naive but did not realise it would be such a large document.

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:35 pm
Just spent a very long week off ill from work with a virus but made the most of the time when feeling well enough to answer the numerous calls from creditors on mobile (usually switched off during day due to working in hospital). Quite a few said they had not received my letter infrming them of proposed IVA, quite a few asked for details of company dealing with iva nd to be perfectly honest (as i was with them) they were all very understanding and listened to what I had to say!!

Since last week not had that many phone calls apart from one creditor that for a couple of days kept calling but turned out it was an automated dialling system, one creditor even asked me to understand and be clear that they were not "harrassing me" and hope I understood, I ensured that I agreed a time (normally a week) in which I promised to call them back to keep them updated and ensured all calls have been logged.

Don't get me wrong am feeling very very stressed and anxious by situation, but draft proposal signed and returned last Monday so just waiting to hear of date of creditor's meeting now. I have managed to get over fear of answering phone and found that by doing this it not only made me feel a bit easier but it seems to have decreased the phone calls. I even asked them to note that it was not any good calling me during day as I had mobile switched off and therefore would not pick up phones but that if they needed to speak to me, the best time is the evening.

Feeling very positive tonight for some reason but it seems to go up and down. I would just like to hear re date for meeting so I can focus on that, going to call tomorrow to see if any progress.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for july”