Don't be mad but i need to say this

23 posts Page 2 of 2

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:09 pm
Me and hubby were just talking about this subject today! We are going to petition for bankruptcy in about 8 weeks. Fingers crossed, we have managed to get on the council housing list, so I am really hoping we get offered a secure, permanent house and this is the really important thing is life. I accept I will lose my car soon but I never want a mortgage again, been there twice and had horrendous experiences and lost loads of money, I never want to go down that route again! And I would not touch another credit card. The only thing I may want in the future is a nice car so maybe I'll apply for car credit in a few years time, but then maybe not. But otherwise, we will be living credit-free forever!!!!!!!!!!

Lula

Post by Lula » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:47 pm
I agree with you Jane, i think a huge sign above my head screaming "DEBTER" would do me a favour in the long run I am a danger to myself it took me 4 years to wake up to myseld i never want to go back to juggling credit cards and waiting on loan decisions...aahhh
I am pleased you got acecpted onto the Housing Register! (Just so you know all Local authority or Housing Assocaition tenancies are Assured - no fixed end date can only be terminated by a judge on breach of the terms! They can be passed on to children etc etc..so very very secure worth holding out for!)
lulablog.blogs.iva.co.uk

kellym

Post by kellym » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:34 pm
I agree, I never really had any credit till I got this business however it still was not my money so guess I never owned the business (maybe thats why it has all gone so wrong LOL) buy I would never have any credit again. I value money and also time as me and hubby have spent far too many weekends and nights together worried sick about debt time is a greater loss than the money and material things for me and my hubby.

Smile it makes people wonder what you have been up to!
Smile it makes people wonder what you have been up to!

pippa

Post by pippa » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:14 pm
Well said Coco, mines also a similar story on the debt score. I too look around the house and wonder what happened and where did it all go.
I am only just starting on the road to my IVA, had a horrendous time for the last couple of weeks, no sleep/super stressed etc(will need a new set of teeth by the end of all this as my jaw is so tense), as I was finally coming to terms with my situation and talking about it seemed to make it worse initially (ignorance is bliss!!).
But I have to say this site has been my saviour, I am here every day at the moment and it has given me the strength to pick myself up. Thanks to you all.
This weekend was the first time in a many years when I felt it will be ok, I too never want to see another credit card as long as I live. If I cant pay cash (my cash) then I dont need it. [:D]
Pippa

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:30 pm
Pippa
A warm welcome.
Half the battle of debt is accepting that you have a problem[see my article "have i got a problem "].Once you accept this you can focus on the solution to your problem.
If an IVA is right for you it can give you a second chance,it,s a tough five years,be in no doubt,but it,s sooooooooooo worth it,believe me.
Good luck and keep posting
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson and site manager
(aka Neverending)

Please check out my blog: http://andydavie.blogs.iva.co.uk

View my profile here:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp
Andam Davies

pippa

Post by pippa » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:09 pm
Thanks Andy

I have already read your blog and the super advice you have given many on this site. My signed paper work and documents have just been received today by Thomas Charles, so I am at the early stages and know I have a long way to go yet so I will be here a lot I am sure. Their advice has been fab, feel like I am in really good hands, but am worried about the repercusions as this will be the first month I do not pay anyone and am sure its only another week or so until the phone starts ringing etc. I want to be in a position to advise them of the situation but wanted to wait until my allocated IP gets in touch. Whats your personal opinon? If you dont mind me asking

Pippa

hymers

Post by hymers » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:31 pm
Hi Coco
I agree with you immensley and I will never ever have a credit card again in my entire life after my IVA ends that's why I'm in it but when it ends I'll be rich compared to now so won't need one, I'm learning from my mistakes
best wishes

s.b.w

Post by s.b.w » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:45 pm
I agree with you coco, but many of these threads regard mortgages.

I can understand someone wanting a decent credit rating for this. The other thing of course is the fact that you can't et a debit card now days UNLESS you have a good credit rating (discounting the "monthly charged" accounts such as think).

But, if anyone, after going through the trials and tribulations of getting out of debt, then wants to get back into ebt again, I have no sympathy!

Shaz

Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!
If only I'd said NO!

Go to my blog at:

http://shazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!
If only I'd said NO!

Go to my blog at:

http://shazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
23 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”