Central Audit Bureau

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

Debt Monkey

Post by Debt Monkey » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:35 am
Anyone else received a letter from these people stating that monies may be due to me after completing my IVA due to recent High Court Decisions?

I suspect it is a scam of some kind, I have asked the experts but just wondered if anyone else had received anything similar.
DM

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:10 pm
Just ignore.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:19 pm
I would ignore -- but I wonder if it is a premature start to reclaiming PPI which was paid to the IP after the completion certificates were issued.

Still have the final appeal to be heard yet.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:27 pm
If you do anything make sure that you have in writing that you will incur no costs regardless of the outcome of the case. Pay no money to anyone and you always have the option of doing it yourself.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Rick71

Post by Rick71 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:29 pm
I've had one. I ignored it. I had a similar letter about three years ago from an organisation with a similar name (can't remember it though), with a very similar tone, and I rang the number. The person who answered launched in to a spiel about being able to offer more helpful alternatives to an IVA, so I politely ended the conversation. I found it pretty invasive, to be honest.

Basically, they've got your details off the Insolvency Register and want to muscle in on your IVA with whatever 'helpful' alternatives they claim to offer. Perhaps I'm being unduly harsh, but I suspect whatever alternatives they actually have are pretty disastrous.
IVA? Best financial decision I ever made.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:35 pm
Michael

You will be interested in this http://www.ivacare.co.uk/completed-iva-ppi-claims.html
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:46 pm
Lifenoteasy.
Thank you very much for that link. It does not mention that the case is subject to appeal and it would be interesting to see if they want any upfront fees. It would also be worth getting confirmation from these people that in the event of the bank offsetting against their write-off there would be no charge either.

People are entitled to reclaim PPI as it was missold on many occasions and if they are entitled to keep it then it is better in their pockets than the banks. However everyone should just be careful not to incur any costs and if these firms are so confident they can work 'no win no fee'. Alternatively reclaim the PPI without using a firm and there is little risk.
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:50 pm
Hi Michael

I thought it was more interesting simply because it supposedly allows you to arrange an interview with the solicitor that won the case.

My view on PPI is simple - so long as it does not impact on my CC I dont care who has it.

Just let me have the deed of assignment so I can move on.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:54 pm
..and before anyone misunderstands the comment is generic and not aimed at Michael or his company.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:02 pm
Pity Lifenoteasy you are not one of ours as I would have pulled any strings I could to get your the CC. We do issue deeds of assignment which does speed things up but not all firms do.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:06 pm
Yep - now with CF and PPI will be an issue despite PJG accepting our yearly statement that none to claim (and 10 months to go in terms of payments).
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”