CCDS says go bankrupt with no comeback ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
37 posts Page 1 of 3

JamieKoll

Post by JamieKoll » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:17 pm
I have just had my annual paperwork through from my insolvency solicitors (i.e. 6 x bank statements, 6 x payslips and income vs expenditure), I am worried because some of my outgoings have changed, basically we had to get a car last year so we borrowed some money off my father in law and pay him back £100 a month, to free up this money we have reduced our son's childcare, I'm really worried that they are going to put up our monthly payments, because they include my wife's income but none of her debts (which is not fair). To boot we are expecting our second child in July. I was recently contacted by a company called CCDS who said I could go brankrupt with no comeback, I am concerned is this true???

Thanks....

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:22 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have never heard of this company but would urge you to ignore them. They trawl the Insolvency Register and send letters to everyone in an IVA. They cannot know your circumstances so cannot know if this right for you.

If you went bankrupt then you could do it yourself for just the court fees. This company will charge you money for doing it and you will probably end up with an income payments order for three years and your credit rating will be shot for a further six years.

If you are struggling then you need to speak to your IP company and explain your change in circumstances.

The forum is also here for any support or advice you need.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:41 pm
Ignore them. Backrupcy with a guarantee of "no comeback" is a pipe dream. If you have disposable income over £20 you will be required to pay this over for up to three years. This company know absolutely nothing of your circumstances and cannot be giving any creditable advice.

If it sounds too good to be true ..........
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:44 pm
If I managed to find the right website tonight they give some very dodgy advice on there.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:45 pm
If you are struggling, speak to your own IP. x

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:01 pm
Why not ask your current IP for a review of your I&E to hopefully reflect your changes and to allow for forward planning for the arrival of the baby!

Is there anyway that repayment to your relative can wait until after your IVA is concluded, or if not can the amount will reduced to give you some back. £100 a month saving from your agreed I&E each month is alot to find and is probably the cause of the problem.

I would totally ignore the call you had from CCDS - as others have said it is a complete wind up and they should be ignored.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:34 am
One of the downsides of bankruptcy is that you never know what is going to happen until the bankruptcy order is made, so for a company to tell you there is no "comeback" - whatever that is supposed to mean - is unprofessional and dangerous.

They could be right - but where do you go if they are wrong?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

JamieKoll

Post by JamieKoll » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:52 am
Thanks to you all for your advice. I am going to ignore the call/flyers from CCDS and give my IP a call about our payments. I am perfectly happy with the amount I am currently paying, but I am worried if it increases.

Thanks again...

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:00 am
Hi and welcome
Chat your situation through with your IP. Your wife should have an allowance in your expenditure to repay her debts, although this should be no more than her fair share of your joint disposable income.
Your IP should help you
Regards
Andam Davies

Scott72

Post by Scott72 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:58 pm
When I declared bankruptcy the OR was very helpful and explained it was if I had £99 disposable income not £20 they would want payments for three years.

Sometimes, it is worth remembering that an IVA isn't the best course of action and the companies that set them up get very good fees for pushing them. They may make you aware of other options but they do have to earn a living. Getting out my IVA was the best thing I ever did and I honestly feel it was missold to me.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:03 pm
Scott72 wrote:

When I declared bankruptcy the OR was very helpful and explained it was if I had £99 disposable income not £20 they would want payments for three years.

Sometimes, it is worth remembering that an IVA isn't the best course of action and the companies that set them up get very good fees for pushing them. They may make you aware of other options but they do have to earn a living. Getting out my IVA was the best thing I ever did and I honestly feel it was missold to me.
Keep up Scott -- they have changed the rules ! £20 is the magic figure these days.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Scott72

Post by Scott72 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:10 pm
Foggy wrote:
Scott72 wrote:

Keep up Scott -- they have changed the rules ! £20 is the magic figure these days.
Well I was over the figure anyway, but they said it didn't matter - result no IPA :)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:54 pm
A lot depends on the OR --- as it does on the IP in an IVA.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:02 pm
I agree Foggy. For example I was lucky in that I was able to keep my car even though it was above their guideline amount, and other people have been unable to keep a cheaper car.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:46 pm
I agree as well. It is down to the individual OR or IP.

However, an IP will not push an IVA just to get their fees, all options will be discussed and the choice is then up to you. Nobody forces you down a particular route.
Bob Marley.
37 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”