Can I legally remove a judgement from Court House?

3 posts Page 1 of 1

C-C

Post by C-C » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:59 am
I am writing to find out how I can legally remove a judgement from the Court House on my credit file because I did not sign any papers or have knowledge concerning this matter.

fabienne

Post by fabienne » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:41 am
you can ask for the judgement to be set aside, you will need to know the claim number the judgement was given for, a good way to do that is to get your statutory credit file from CRAs (cheap £2 one )
the claim number should be on it. you fill a form at the court, there is a fee for that of about £35.
there are several reasons why the judgement can be set aside:
If you have not received the serving papers,
If you have not defended the amount( the amont claimed is not what you think you owe, or is made partly/mainly of unlawful bank charges), of have no knowledge of it (liability not proven), or you were waiting for an insurance to make payment (following redundancy, or illness), you can ask for the judgement to be set aside, until you have the documents that will allow you to assess the claim and defend.

Once you have done that, and the set aside has been accepted by the court, you can ask CRAs to remove it from the files until the matter is settled, using the data protection act, as the information they hold about you must be accurate and relevant.
Can you give more details about the situation?
do you have an IVA?
Is the account up to date?
Are you repaying the creditors?
Is that judgemnt related to a secure debt?
How long ago was that?
How did you found out about the judgement?

Be careful when requesting credit file if you have a financial skelleton in your closet, as it can wake up creditors that are looking for you if you have changed address.
Kind regards, Fabienne, www.penaltycharges.co.uk

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:26 am
Hi Fabienne, Thanks for your posts and welcome on board. You can add a signature to your profile which could for instance include a link to your site. We will update you to a forum expert.
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for january”