Can anyone give me any feedback/experience

8 posts Page 1 of 1

jonathan12

Post by jonathan12 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:07 pm
I am looking for a company to assist me with evaluating my circumstances with regard to entering into an IVA. I have spoken with a representative of a company called IDC - Solutions (The Independent Debt Consultancy) based in Crawley, Sussex. They say that they can arrange everything for me for a fee of £1750.00. Can anyone give me any feedback/experience of IDC?

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:11 pm
I never paid a fee, and i've got my iva with payplan. I would speak to a few more companies before you commit. Melanie Giles who posts on this forum, is highly recommended x

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:12 pm
Hi Jonathan you can get reviews on companies on iva.com. I would ask the opinions of another couple of companies. Melanie and Ian on here come well recommended.
Can I ask do they want the £1750 just to evaluate whether you are suitable for an iva. Initial advice should be at no cost. Make sure you check all your options.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:16 pm
Hi
Do not part with this sort of money,there are many reputable companies out there that will do this for nothing
Regards
Andam Davies

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:32 pm
I am with Melanie and paid nothing upfront apart from my first payment prior to meeting and at acceptance day I only had 59 payments to make. I think there are lots of IP's out there, worth looking around for a good one. If you stick with the forum reading previous posts etc, I'm sure that one in particular that I am familiar with will be proven to be both very successful and very popular.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

carlmcmullen

Post by carlmcmullen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:19 pm
Jonathan,

How are IDC proposing to deal with your debts and what work do they intend to do ?

Is the £1,750 an upfront fee ?

If it is an IVA then i find it very hard to see how they can agree a fee with you based on the strength of a phonecall, as firstly they would not have had enough information without gathering the relevant paperwork to identify if an IVA is the best advice for you and establish what level of work is involved in proposing an IVA, i also find it very hard to see how they can agree a fixed fee with you as creditors normally determine the fee.

If they are proposing a DMP then £1,750 is a ridiculous amount to charge, you will find most DM companies only charge you the first payment to set up the plan.

If they are assissting with bankruptcy then this amount is very high, you can have assissted bankruptcy for a few hundred pounds not thousands.

I have just googled them and it came back with no results, other than a name or number on in the Thomson local, they dont appear to even have a website. I am sure they are a reputable company, but i would suggest that you have a look on www.IVA.com and shop around a little before you agree to anything.

You are the customer and you have a right to second opinion.

You need to find out EXACTLY what you are getting for you money.

In most cases alot of companies will not charge for the intial consultation.
Last edited by carlmcmullen on Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

janot

Post by janot » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:06 pm
I highly recommend Melanie, who posts in here own time on this site. as isthereanend states the only payment i made up front was my first IVA payment. I also looked at all the feedback companies got on www.iva.com i found this very helpfull.

Good luck.
janot

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:30 am
How can they jusify an upfront fee of that amount, and who could afford to pay it anyway if they are looking at entering an iva??

I paid no upfront fees and would not have done unless I was assured they would be returned if the proposal was not successful.

As others have said have a look at www.iva.com as the reviews are very helpful, enlightening to see the service rated by the clients!

Good luck
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for march”