British?scottish Gas savings tips

11 posts Page 1 of 1

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue May 27, 2008 1:42 pm
Yesterday the postie gave us a great gift of 4 energy saving lightbulbs from scottish gas. Today however he gave me an electricity bill for £255 as the last umpteen bills had been estimates.Talk about a kick in the nether region!!!

Funny that in the scottish gas brochure of how to save money(free with the lightbulbs) it doesnt once mention their click 5 tariff which is cheaper than the one I am currently on!!!(changing very soon).

The energy companies are just a mask away from being daylight robbers!!!
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:48 pm
We're with Atlantic Gas and Electricity. They now only send out bills twice a year, and both bills have an actual reading so no more estimates. They've only just put up their prices as well.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Wed May 28, 2008 9:17 pm
We are with Scottish Power and it has just lept up!

I spoke to a friend and she is with scottish hydro (something like that anyway) She pays a 3rd of what I pay and she is home all day childminding!

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed May 28, 2008 10:15 pm
Moneystinks wrote:

I spoke to a friend and she is with scottish hydro (something like that anyway) She pays a 3rd of what I pay and she is home all day childminding!
Maybe she has the kids in giant hamster wheels wired up to a generator!!!(now theres a plan!!)

debtor3

Post by debtor3 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:23 pm
we find e-on very good and cheap. They used to be called powergen but the tariffs are the same. They give you big discounts for online billing and giving meter readings online. Also you get tesco clubcard points on the amount you use so if you spend 1000 on gas and elec you can get 40 to spend on days out for free.

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Wed May 28, 2008 10:29 pm
plasticdaft wrote:
Moneystinks wrote:

Maybe she has the kids in giant hamster wheels wired up to a generator!!!(now theres a plan!!)
I did wonder why it took her an age to answer the door, and why the kids always seem to be asleep when I go round lol![;)]

angela18

Post by angela18 » Fri May 30, 2008 5:02 pm
my is bothb british gas. our prices are frozen unitl 2009/10. dreading when fin[:(]ished
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

makemoney

Post by makemoney » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:55 am
Wonder whether I should fix mine now before the next hike in prices, or buy a big rug to sit under when it starts to get cold lol

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:07 pm
Buy some jumpers from oxfam!!! That and make sure you shop around to find the best deal.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:08 pm
Well done LadyH for sticking to your guns - Its wrong that we have to do this though. Makes you wonder how many people are paying too much and lining the pockets of these companies.

As for getting the kids to use less electric - when you find the answer, sell it, you'll make a fortune!

Julie x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:30 pm
We pay £35 a month each for gas and electricity. We had a really high bill in the winter and it turns out that there was a problem with the thermostat - it was jammed on full! Hopefully now we've got that sorted and got rid of Numpty Power things might not be quite so bad!
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “money saving tips”