Blooming boiler!

160 posts Page 4 of 11

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:56 pm
Really hope it gets fixed tomorrow. I had eldest granddaughter over last night and we coped ok, but had to take her home early this morning because its just too cold here.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:59 pm
If they don't sort it tomorrow then I think I would be up for murdering someone!

You are paying monthly and getting less than a service.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 am
The engineer is finally here with the part! I'm now on tenterhooks waiting to see if it actually works.

When he arrived I told him, I was locking him in until it gets fixed....he thought I was joking [:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:05 pm
[:D][:D]

Nice one Julie! Reminds me of a few years ago when they resurfaced our road and blocked the drain, and when they came out to fix it, the poor engineer had his car blocked in until it was sorted!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:16 pm
Bad news [:(] The part is faulty and leaking gas, so have to wait for a replacement, which can take another week. I'm really at my wits end now [:(][:(][:(][:(]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:33 pm
I would be ripping someone's head off now. This is an absolute disgrace, especially at this time of year.

I do feel for you. I would be on the phone permanently until it was sorted. You are paying for a service you are not getting.

Wish there was something I could do to help.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:10 pm
oh Julie that's not good news. I do hope it's sorted very soon.x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:55 am
Hi Julie and everyone else, this is my first venture outside of my own thread lol so forgive any ramblings haha.

The service you have had is as others said totally appalling! You should be in line for a fair bit of compensation for what they have put you through and I hope you get it.

(If you or anyone need any complaint advice let me know as I used to deal with the serious complaints made direct to the MD of Churchill Insurance and am b***** good at moaning and getting what I want haha)

My boiler packed in too last year and I did not have cover so I had to pay £165 fixed fee to British Gas to fix it which turned out to be good value as the job and part needed meant it would have cost over £300 otherwise :S Had to really cut back and walk to work for a month to be able to afford it lol.

While I had no hot water for a week and no shower I was lucky in that my work has 7 wonderful power showers I could make use of :D

Hope they sort it soon for you!!
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:40 am
Wow Julie....just read this.....you must be having a torrid time with no heating/hot water in this weather. Hope it gets repaired very soon....fingers crossed. I'm surprised that any company has allowed the delay in repair for so long and would agree with luke...compensation in order!
I came into this world with nothing and still have most of it left!

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 am
Latest update - it SHOULD be fixed on Saturday morning. The part will be arriving sometime Friday (hopefully), so yet again I'll be bombarding them with calls on Friday!.

I'll definitely be claiming compensation, for telephone calls, electricity, stress & inconvenience and I want something as a goodwill gesture!

Thanks for your messages of support [;)]

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:04 pm
Hey Julie
Hope the infamous part arrived and its all systems go for tomorrow.
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:07 pm
Andy, 3 out of 4 parts have arrived, the other one will be delivered to my home tomorrow when engineer is here???

Well, I'm off to footie at half twelve tomorrow so I'll be locking the engineer in until its fixed [:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:08 pm
Fingers crossed Julie!

If they start playing up about compensation etc., threaten them with the press.
Bob Marley.

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:10 pm
Should be 2 good results for you then!
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:10 pm
If I lived closer I'd keep him locked in for you!
Bob Marley.
160 posts Page 4 of 11
Return to “for moderators”