Argggggh!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Pap

Post by Pap » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:47 pm
I'm in panic mode, my heart is racing, my hands are clammy, I can feel myself getting more and more wound up. Why? We've been in iva since last April, were fully aware there would be an annual review and were expecting it but now that the email has arrived, I've totally gone to pieces! It's almost like going back a year! How stupid am I? I'm fairly sure we;ve done everything properly during the year but still I panic!

On a saner note, son will be going off to uni (hopefully!) this autumn and because we earn too much (haha) he won;t get any support grants or anything so we will be expected to help support him. I have absolutely no problem with that whatsoever but how do we fill in our i&e, knowing that what happens now is not what will happen come September? Anybody else been through similar circumstances?

Thanks in advance

P x
May 2015 - Completed!!

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:59 pm
Hi Pap

Reviews are never wrecking & your feelings are totally normal. Im approaching my 2nd review in April too & Im just as bad as I was last year.
But to go on experience & if your payments are all up to date & overtime up to date - then you should have nothing to worry about.

As for your son I hope he does really well - but dont have much knowledge on that, so hop fully one of these lovely forum experts will be along.

Good luck with your review - I'll be feeling it too ;-)
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:06 pm
Hi Pap,

Nice to see you again. I'm sure your review will go ok, but it is a worrying time.

Will your son not be able to get the Student Loans? My daughter had to as we couldn't afford to fund her at all. She has come out the other end with a lot of debt, but at least she did manage to get there.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:11 am
Nothing to worry about the review Pap - it is just as much for your own benefit as that of your IP and the creditors. Look at it as a positive confirmation that you have got through the first year on a budget, and now is your opportunity to look forward to next year in the knowledge that that all important first one is out of the way.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:30 am
All the best for your review I do know just how nerve wracking they are as I've just gone through my 2nd. Talke with your IP re the university situation and take their advice prior to completing the I&E x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

flow13

Post by flow13 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:09 am
Reviews are awful. We are paying back 100p in the £ so our payments won't increase. however, we still get nervous around review time.

Just one more to go and then I am free of IVA reviews forever!
Its now time to start living and to make some some wonderful memories!
Read my blog at http://flow13.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Aiming for the finish line'

Pap

Post by Pap » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:44 pm
Thanks everyone for your kind words, it's nice to know it's not just me being loopy!
I'm reasonably sure that it will all be ok but if I'm not worrying about something then I'm worrying about what I should be worrying about! All I know is that we're nearly through the first year, I think we've done everything ok and it has been hard, lots of things broke down/went wrong and there were times I wanted just to give up and hide. I didn't though so, all being well, bring on year 2!
Son will get student loans but they will only cover tuition fees and not quite all his accomodation so we'll have to find the rest of that and living expenses. I won't stop him from going, even if I can't afford to eat as he deserves to get what he wants out of life after everything he's gone through in recent years. I'm sure we'll work something out.
We have to.

P x
May 2015 - Completed!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:15 pm
My daughter was able to get full funding for her living costs. She lived with us for two years, and at Uni for one year and did not have to find anymore money. We used to provide her with food when she was in halls, but as hubby cooks huge portions of spag bol, chilli and curry, this wasn't a problem.

To be fair, she also had a part time job, so was able to help herself as well.

I'm sure your review will go ok.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”