any police officers out there?

13 posts Page 1 of 1

anais743

Post by anais743 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:50 pm
who have gone down the iva route?

regards
'There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure

Jo Rolland

Post by Jo Rolland » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:05 pm
I have helped many Police Officers in the last 10 years, and everything has worked out fine.

HTH

Jo Rolland
Debt Alternatives
www.debtalternatives.co.uk
Last edited by Jo Rolland on Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jo Rolland
Debt Alternatives
For free, ethical, impartial advice, please visit
www.debtalternatives.co.uk

vickir

Post by vickir » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:29 pm
http://www.debtwizard.com/site/view_all_headlines.html

Try this link, apparently its run by an ex police officer

petes39

Post by petes39 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:34 pm
Hi,

My advice as am in an IVA is to speak with your forces welfare officer which covers the debt area aspect. I did and the advice and ease they put me at was a great wieght lifted from my shoulders. I was advised to contact a company they recommended and they were great, got an IVA through them where one had failed before via another company. don`t stress too much everything can and will work out. Best regards. X

petes39

Post by petes39 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:38 pm
Last thing forgot to add for you. If your not happy speaking with your immediate line manager. Welfare officer can advise you however I let the H&R manager know, just in case there are days when you need your O/T to be in the correct pay packet.

petes39

Post by petes39 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:44 pm
And finally anything else on your mind feel free to ask I`ll help where I can, i know how horrible this situation is for anyone who has got this far,

X

anais743

Post by anais743 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:25 pm
thanks pete. Do I take your still in the job?
'There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure

petes39

Post by petes39 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:29 pm
I most certainly am. Been in to long to consider anything else the Pension is the biggest thing not me worth looking at anything else ( tho these days would love to). Any Q just ask c if I can help. But don`t worry ask anything hope I can be of assistance.

regards

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:34 pm
I envy you Pete - it was all I ever wanted to do when I was growing up. I actually thought about applying a year or so ago, but then my IVA failed and I went BR so that's out of the window now!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

anais743

Post by anais743 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:35 pm
feel better already!

Im only 2 years in and all my problems started when i left a high paid job to join the force (thought we could manage,but obviously cant!).love my job and do not want to give it up. From the research I have done it seems that iva's are acceptable to police forces as at the end of it the debt is legally discharged unlike bankruptcy).Still wary of speaking with welfare though,do i have to let them know?

petes39

Post by petes39 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:33 pm
First of all.

Skippy 13, once discharged you can still join. If you want to know more let me know, after speaking to welfare I know alot more as my IVA LAST mAY FAILED SO HAD TO GET THINGS SORTED SO AM AWARE OF CERTAIN THINGS. if its something you want not impossible.

Anais743. Its best if you do, although with welfare everything is confidential so dont worry, thats why we have them these days, I joined many many years ago and we had no support whatsoever. they will put your mind at rest, if still worried ask more. I only say as not sure which force you with. An anonymous call to the local Fed Branch can help to.

Good luck

petes39

Post by petes39 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:11 pm
Skippy 13 just read a bit about yourself. Not to old to apply for the JOB. You will be discharged soon. You WILL be able to apply for the Police if you so wish. ignore my comments earlier when said wish I wasn`t, and that I wish could do something else. I joined along time ago and when first iva didnt work thought, my god what can i do as i joined the cadets ( thats how long ago i joined) ages and ages. if its something you wish to consider in the next few yrs just ask. i ve done lots many roles in the forces! ive worked in and loved them all.

Good luck and never give luck up. i never have.

petes39

Post by petes39 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:18 pm
ANAIS743

i totally understand you must love the job it is the best to help peops. I know how many people leave a wonderful job to join the old bill at a lot less than they may have been earning you are committed and believe me it will be OK.

anything else pls ask.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for january”