A Glimmer of Hope

8 posts Page 1 of 1

Homer2418

Post by Homer2418 » Sat May 31, 2008 11:16 pm
Hi All

During this month, I posted messages on here about looking into an IVA or BR.. and to be really honest I was totally worried, stressed what people might think.
After chatting with someone from Melanies team and getting a true budget written out, it made me realise that we needed help, at the moment we have our head above water, ie all bills and loans paid, very little money left, but its ours and Im in a career with tied accommodation that I cant stand anymore and need to get out soon.

One thing was certain after talking to Melanies team, I told my wife that I could no long do an 18 hour day, 5 days aweek and she would have to assist and take some of this burden off me, even if it means working evenings or weekends.

I proceeded to ask my mom for help, ie afew months stay at her house until my wife and I got jobs, enough for the budget we'd worked out and enough for rent.
She wasnt that forthcoming at first, even now she thinks the best idea is not to live at her house as world war 3 would insue between my wife and her.
My wife has already stated that she didnt want this really and it would end up with her leaving with my 2 children...[V][:(][:(!]

Now there is a glimmer of hope, next week I have two interviews for jobs I wanna do in my new chosen career and it would mean an increase in my annual salary by another 6.5k to 8 k [:D] so I'm hoping that all goes well.

I still worry about changing careers and what if it doesnt work out, then Im really up the creek without a paddle, but maybe thats whats been wrong, having it to cushie and not been taking any risks.

Should this work then there is no need for an IVA or BR, this doesnt mean that I will live the life of luxary, still gonna have to keep a tight hold on the pennies for afew more years[|)] but I will still keep IVA option should I need it.
And I am still gonna be pushing my wife to get a part time job to boost the family income....

So as we come to the end of this post bag, I wish everyone luck and I will still hang about to offer any advise on subjects that come up

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Sat May 31, 2008 11:22 pm
Hi Homer, fingers crossed on the job front. I hope everything works out well for you and you family xxx
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 31, 2008 11:29 pm
Good luck Homer, hope everything works out for you
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sat May 31, 2008 11:31 pm
Best of luck with the job homer x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sat May 31, 2008 11:38 pm
good luck from me too homer!

barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

yellowrose

Post by yellowrose » Sat May 31, 2008 11:46 pm
All the best, hope it goes well.
60 down 0 to go!!!!
IVA completed :)

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sat May 31, 2008 11:58 pm
Hey Homer, what a great post, I wish you all the luck in the world. Keep posting. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:46 am
Homer just make sure that an increase in take home pay doesnt mask the fact that your debts may be out of control,make sure you sort it before it happens.

Allow your wife to do the finances one month to let her see exactly what the situation is and it may make her realise what she has to do to help out.

Good luck.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”