5days to go

41 posts Page 3 of 3

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:39 pm
BB you are absolutly right at my creditors meeting only one turned up and voted and they voted yes, that was enough to approve it.

The whole thing needs regulating.

neverending

Post by neverending » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:06 pm
Failing to vote should be marked as a yes vote,afterall these people have been given notice of the meeting.This is an obvious flaw in the IVA legalisation and needs addressing soon.
Andy Davie

MAY2006

Post by MAY2006 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:09 pm
I agree if they cannot be bothered to vote it should be taken as a yes, maybe it would be a good idea to bring in no vote no money!! if they can't be bothered to fax or pick up a phone then they obviously don't care whether or not the get any money back.
KMPG did'nt vote in Andreas if I remember correctly.
Hope you IP has more luck with them

illihor

Post by illihor » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:24 am
An update.

My wifes creditors meeting has been adjourned until the 3rd Jan. Hopefully we may have an answer by then, fingers crossed.

I have been sent more demanding letters and had nasty calls since my IVA was approved than before....lol. However, I do take great pleasure in informing them that they could have voted but didnt bother and to now stop bugging me about.

Thats it for now. Hope everyone had a good christmas. TOO MUCH TURKEY!!!![:D]

Kind Regards.

Lee
Kind Regards.

Lee

scooby

Post by scooby » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:06 pm
Hi my wife and I did a joint IVA and out of our six creditors only two voted both of these were debts in my name and not my wifes but our IVA was accepted so can somebody explain as to why mine was accepted but you have to have a seperate meeting for your wifes creditors as I am a little confused is there know set rules.

Scooby

neverending

Post by neverending » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:31 pm
Interesting cuz I am as puzzled as you.Maybe another "expert" can shed light on this ?
Andy Davie

illihor

Post by illihor » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:23 am
I wouldn't mind finding out how that happened too, sound peculiar.

Update time.

My IVA is now up and running, was agreed on the 21st Dec. First payment has been made and everything seems to be going well. I am still getting letters and calls from my creditors demanding payment though. Every time I have to tell them the same thing and every time they reply with "We have not been told about that".

I have spoken to my IP who confirms the notification has gone out to all the creditors. Maybe it just takes a while for the info to filter through to the right dept?, bit of a flaw in the system there I think. All it takes is for someone to tap a few keys to stop all these automated letters and calls.

I really dont mind getting them so much now as I quite like taking all the wind out of thier sails by telling them about the IVA and how they couldn't be bothered to vote, if you have any issues please take them to my IP, goodbye. Makes you feel much better.

Unfortunately my wifes IVA was declined and we are now waiting for more info on bankruptcy. Until such a time as we get that sorted though the arrears go up and up and up. Got a letter from Lloyds this morning informing us that they will be sending someone around to "discuss" the situation. I hope that particular someone likes doorsteps as that's where they will be staying.

So, that's where we stand at the moment and hopefully we can get the bankrupcy procedure started soon.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year.

Kind Regards.

Lee
Kind Regards.

Lee

freelili

Post by freelili » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:17 pm
Hi Lee

Its kind of congratulations and commiserations really

Good luck for the future

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

MAY2006

Post by MAY2006 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:02 pm
Hi Lee
ditto to what Lily has said. I hope that if your wife does have to do the bankcruptcy route it does not have any effect on your home or abiltiy to work.

If Lloyds are the ones who have caused your wifes to be declined what can the possibly have to discuss with you, the best offer has been put on the table now they are going to get nothing.

I would borrow a big dog and let it chase the doorstepper down the path

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:23 pm
My mum's got a Rottweiler cross you can borrow if need be - Blaze doesn't do a lot but looks the part!

Three down, fifty seven to go until freedom!

illihor

Post by illihor » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:29 am
Good idea about the dog.....made me laugh.

My parents have an irish wolfhound, towers well above most people, should do the trick I think:).

Thanks for the replies. I will keep posting updates as soon as we know more. As is always the case, our situation may well be able to help someone else in a similar situation.

Kind Regards.

Lee
Kind Regards.

Lee
41 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “IVA postbag for january”