5 Days to go, still getting phone hassle

25 posts Page 1 of 2

northumbrian69

Post by northumbrian69 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:15 pm
Hello again, 5 days to go to creditors meeting, stomach churning, can't sleep, fingers crossed [88][88][88]

I had a phone call last night which I have to share with the Forum.
Guy from Capital One call centre wanting a payment, gave him the usual polite retort, IVA proposal, Grant Thornton, creditors meeting on 17th April, etc, etc, he replied; 'I only have your word for that, nothing on my screen, you must make a payment now or I will instruct debt collectors', I told him, 'I have a copy of the proposal in front of me and it has been sent to you', he said, 'I have been through all the IVA's on my screen and yours isn't there, you have sent it to the wrong address, this account will not count as part of your IVA and you will still be liable for the full debt even if your IVA is approved', I told him I would contact Grant Thornton in the morning and clarify the situation.
Just rang my contact at Grant Thornton, she told me IVA proposal has definitely been sent, they do hundreds of IVA's and have specific addresses to send the proposals to, she reassured me that Capital One have all the necessary information. She told me that call centre phone calls are automated dialling and that this guy was probably trying some rather dubious tactics to squeeze some extra money out of me[:u] , she was very sympathetic and told me, 'I know its hard but try not to worry, you have done everything you can, leave it to us now'[:)][:)]
Has anyone else had this sort of hassle so close to their creditors meeting [?][?][?]

Well 5 days and counting, wish me luck [:-(][:-(][:-(]
IVA COMPLETED ON THE 17th MARCH, FINAL I&E COMPLETED 26th APRIL, COMPLETION CERTIFICATE ARRIVED 2nd AUGUST

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:25 pm
Hi northumbrian
These lot at the call centres will say anything to get a payment .The calls we had varied from, not speaking to putting the phone down whilst we were talking, to being very polite,to almost threatening. This is about par for the course so take no notice and wait for your meeting, we found things stopped from when the proposal went out,but the communication in these companies is not good at times so if they ring again and act the same I would ring their customer services and complain about them.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

sps

Post by sps » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:01 pm
Hi northumbrian
Yes this has happened to me too this week with a couple of my creditors - saying they had no date of the creditors meeting and recieved no proposal. This obviously concerned me so like you I rang my IP to check they had all been sent out. It may be just one department of the creditors not updating their records. Good luck for your creditors meeting, my husband's and mine is on the 24th April and starting to get more nervous the nearer it gets.
Best wishes Sue

northumbrian69

Post by northumbrian69 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:29 pm
Thanks for the support, its good to share experiences on the Forum, at least I know I'm not alone and this behaviour is normal from some of these call centre people.
IVA COMPLETED ON THE 17th MARCH, FINAL I&E COMPLETED 26th APRIL, COMPLETION CERTIFICATE ARRIVED 2nd AUGUST

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:44 pm
The funny thing about this matter is that Grant Thornton are responsible for the voting for all of Capital One!!! So this seems one great big breakdown in communications all over!

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

northumbrian69

Post by northumbrian69 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:34 pm
Does that mean they prepare the proposal then vote on it?? I couldn't be so lucky, that would be too good to be true[:u][:u]. Seriously who votes if Grant Thornton prepare the IVA proposal?
Grant Thornton must know the correct department to send the proposal to if they are responible for all Capital One voting, Capital One have so many different departments they don't seem to know who does what, every time I get a letter it has a different PO Box address. I hope there isn't a problem here, my Grant Thornton contact says not, what happens if Capital One still maintain they have not received the proposal after the 17th[?][?]
MelanieGiles wrote:

The funny thing about this matter is that Grant Thornton are responsible for the voting for all of Capital One!!! So this seems one great big breakdown in communications all over!

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:22 pm
I phoned capitol one and was told that it is automated dialling if a payment is missed, the automated system dials sfter 12 days, and continues dialling every 5 minutes until the phone is answered ( I picked up after the sixth call) could go on all day, also think its done from the states as the guy had no idea what time of day it was when I spoke to him. Still waiting for my proposal although touch wood phone has been quite for the last week.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Hi Northumbrian69
We have heard it all before on this forum from call centers chasing payments stating "we do not recognise IVAs".Its all a blag to get you to pay.
Your IP summed it up for you "I know its hard but try not to worry, you have done everything you can, leave it to us now'"
I really hope that you get the geen light on the 17th,and when you do all these calls will stop[eventually !!!]
regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson and site manager
(aka Neverending)

Please check out my blog: http://andydavie.blogs.iva.co.uk

View my profile here:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp
Andam Davies

hallway

Post by hallway » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:57 pm
i had my iva approved 3 weeks ago so know exactly how you feel,i was adviced to change my phone number which Bt did for nothing within 6hrs,i was in such a state i just couldnt of coped with endless phone calls.I was lucky enough for my iva to go through quickly so didnt recive that many threatening letters, the few i now get i send to my IP, so good luck and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hunter1

Post by Hunter1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:59 pm
Capital One phone me every day (creditors meeting in 2 weeks) but t be fair when I tell them about the IVA and date they don't push it. Must be lucky.

On another note Co-op who have been very good up to know have suddenly turned nasty. Had a very aggressive women on the phone yesterday saying they know about the IVA but I really should pay them something as it might fail etc etc.

She really woudn't listen to anything I was saying and was obviously on commission. Didn't give in though and put the phone down.

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:12 pm
You must be moving up the Q Hunter - the Co-Op have a 'terrier team' of aprox 20 collectors who are responsible for about 70% of the monies collected.

You did the right thing in being firm.

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:22 pm
Storm
Hope you cant progress to the rottweiller crew ( probably spelt it wrong)[:x)] dont fancy being rung by them.

Ang

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:25 pm
The guys who manage the Egg collections CapQuest have a Rottweiller team !!

A couple of them look like Rottweillers as well.....

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:27 pm
Thank god they only ring then at least you dont have to look at them.

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:29 pm
I gave them my wallet when I saw them and was in the building as a guest !!
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”