365 days

4 posts Page 1 of 1

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:29 pm
This time today 12 months ago I made my last IVA payment [:D]. 6 months after the payment I received my completion certificate from GT. Horror stories and bad publicity, I can honestly say I have not one bad experience to report from GT as my IVA company. I did my own PPI and collected a tidy sum for GT to distribute to those I foolishly continued to borrow from until I was totally sunk.
I have continued on the frugal I and E that I had in the IVA and it has paid off in spades. I did increase the amount I put away with love2shop vouchers, all my Christmas shopping is done and amazingly I am no worse off in my bank balance, all for the better.
Fed up of all the credit card companies sending me preauthorised card applications but at least they believe I am credit worthy now.
I had a Barclays cash card account during the last year odd of my IVA, but they upgraded it to a full current account once my IVA was complete, again they must think me a worthy risk.
Why I didn't have this way of living before the IVA is something that I still can't get my head round, must have been some mental disorder or the fact that the lenders were just bluffing me and themselves into giving me so much credit.
For anyone having doubts about whether an IVA is actually worth it? be in no doubt, for me it was a wake up, an education and a lifestyle adjustment that has all been for the better.
I wish you all well in your financial struggles, it will fall into place and I hope you have as trouble free an IVA as I did.
[:D]
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:27 pm
A lovely post and so happy that things are good for you and long may it continue
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

recovering

Post by recovering » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:29 pm
Well done you! It does seem to be dragging for me

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:06 pm
Great news! I use those vouchers as well and also do online surveys so this Christmas has cost me nothing but time.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”