Can I appeal my IVA review decision?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

markaw74

Post by markaw74 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:04 pm
Is it possible to appeal an annual review? I’m earning a bit less than in the previous years review and outgoings are slightly higher, yet they have increased my monthly payments by £20.
Checked my P60 (which they have a copy of) and there’s a difference of over £2,500.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:35 pm
Where does this discrepancy come from? You can ask them to look at your payments again.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:16 pm
Yes, you can ask that they a) explain exactly where they have got this extra amount from and b) reconsider. If no joy you can make a formal complaint to the IP which can then be escalated to their regulatory body if needs be.

Out of curiosity was the review conducted by Ebenegate ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:22 am
Right now I would certainly challenge if your salary has not increased but outgoings have. We all know and feel the impact of brexit and the pandemic and the cost of living for utilities alone are going to stretch most of us in the next six months as we get through the cold winter months. That £20 could make all the difference.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kelly@dmuk

Post by kelly@dmuk » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:14 am
Hi Markaw74

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for bringing the matter to our attention. We value all feedback as it helps us improve our services moving forwards. We will investigate this issue for you and hope to resolve it promptly,

Many thanks,
The Debt Movement Team.

Moderator edit: Link removed from post. Please do not share personal information unless your IVA is being conducted by Debt Movement

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:12 pm
Hi, Markaw74, please do not send personal details unless you are, in fact, a client of Debt Movement UK as I have noted that you have not said that you are anywhere in your post.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

markaw74

Post by markaw74 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:52 pm
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:16 pmFoggy wrote:
Yes, you can ask that they a) explain exactly where they have got this extra amount from and b) reconsider. If no joy you can make a formal complaint to the IP which can then be escalated to their regulatory body if needs be.

Thanks for that,will definitely ask for a proper explanation.
Yes,it is Ebengate.Was with Vanguard originally until they were taken over.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:08 pm
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:52 pmmarkaw74 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:16 pmFoggy wrote:

Thanks for that,will definitely ask for a proper explanation.
Yes,it is Ebengate.Was with Vanguard originally until they were taken over.
I asked because this appears to be the usual M.O for Ebenegate --- small increases, regardless of actual circumstances .... just think £20 rise every year adds £1400 to the repayment.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”