creditors meeting 19th Feb

25 posts Page 2 of 2

shazzles

Post by shazzles » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:09 pm
hmmm that would be a bit much for me to afford, wonder if i can offer them 40p and the others less? is this possible?!??!
andydavie wrote:

Hi Sharon
£300 should give a 40p dividend
Regards
8 down 65 to go!

snowy

Post by snowy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:26 pm
Hi Debbie

Do you mind me asking was the CO granted by the Judge?

Thanks

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:42 pm
Hi Snowy

Yes, the charging order had already been granted by a Judge ... my attendance was to get it removed ... because I'd paid the debt by then ... sadly it was a post IVA debt :(

Debbie
Debbie

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:01 pm
My initial offer was 40/100 which was accepted a work promotion soon after that rocketed it!
its a marathon not a sprint!

I'm out of my mind but please leave a message!

shazzles

Post by shazzles » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:09 am
morning all. I feel myself getting more and more nervous as the time goes on, and im not getting any sleep, woke up this morning and i look like death, dont even feel like going to work :( anybody else experiencing this as the creditors meeting draws near?!?!?
8 down 65 to go!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:16 am
Morning - don't feel down. When you get the IVA approved, which i am sure you will, you feel a whole load of different emotions - relief, happiness and extremely tired......IVA's are not the easy option out that some people think they are...it is hard work to live on a tight budget and things do break down and go wrong and you then have to look to see where you get the money from to repair or replace....but somehow you manage it....IVA's give you an opportunity to retain your dignity and pay your creditors back as much as possible over the 5 yrs....bankruptcy is sometimes an easy way out of a mess, and personally has a stigma attached to it that I would not like to be associated to.
I know the days leading up to my creditors meeting I felt just like you - lack of sleep, couldn't keep occupied etc etc....try and keep yourselve busy as best you can..it will soon all be over.

Lulu
5 payments down, 55 to go!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

shazzles

Post by shazzles » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:26 am
thanks so much lulu, i will try my best, it wouldnt be so bad if i looked a bit better but i look soooo tired. oh well two weeks to go and counting!!!! [|)]
8 down 65 to go!

aguise

Post by aguise » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:33 am
Hi Shazzles
I remember those weeks before the meeting, full of so many what if's, every thought seemed to end up at the iva. Keep going as lulu says stay busy, not too long to go now. I am sure you will be fine.

Ang x
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

davvhenn

Post by davvhenn » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:57 pm
Hi there,

Can I ask what my percentage will be? My debts are 107K and I my IVA proposal is to pay back 60K over 5-years. I am offering a monthly payment of 1K per month.

I am guessing that I am looking around the 58p in the £ mark. Is that correct and would that stand me with a better chance of having my IVA accepted?

Thanks
Davvhenn x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:59 pm
This should be clearly marked in your proposal documents, and will need to take into account the costs involved in proposing and administering your IVA.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
25 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for march”